[AG-TECH] Echoing and choppy audio on Mac to Mac

Brad Knowles bknowles at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 24 13:58:13 CST 2008

Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I encountered my first problem when connecting two Mac 10.5 Leopard
> machines using the Beta 3.2 version. Audio is good for about 2
> minutes, then it sounds like the other person is underwater and
> contains an echo. On his end, my audio sounded fine. No codecs were
> changed and we even tried different bridges, all had the same problem.
> Could this be a network configuration problem at his University?

My understanding is that this is a known problem with "rat" on Mac OS X, or
at least Mac OS X on Intel hardware.

So far, the only solution that has been offered to me is to quit and restart
the client every few minutes.

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin, Information Technology Services, ITS-Unix