[AG-TECH] Progress in testing AG 3.2b1 client on MacBook using Sprint wireless broadband card

R. P. C. Rodgers rodgers at arborvitae.com
Wed Nov 19 21:08:45 CST 2008

Just  progress report to anyone who might be interested.  With the kind
help of Todd Zimmerman
at Westgrid, I did more testing today.  Was able to run the client and
rat to Westgrid using
the Westgrid bridge server, from Maryland, using the Sprint broadband
card (EVDO-based).
Vic did not start properly, and when started manually from command line,
issues a message that
suggests that it may be having difficulty in finding the internet
interface established by the card.
Oddly, the client is not able to connect to the venue server at ANL.
Use of nmap on the wireless
Mac can not connect to the ANL server either -- I don't think the server
was down, as I was able
to get to it a bit later via my cable broadband connection.  Some sort
of routing/peering issue
between Sprint and ANL? Dunno.  More to follow, I hope, if we can lick
the vic issue.  Has anyone
else experimented with these cards for AG use?

Cheers, Rick Rodgers