[AG-TECH] Does latest AG for Intel Mac (3.2b1) really run under Mac OS 10.5.5?

Richard Rodgers rodgers at arborvitae.com
Sun Nov 9 19:48:02 CST 2008

Dear AG Colleagues,

My difficulties were due to a silly mistake on my part: version 3.2b1 is
running on my iMac and
PowerBook Pro -- I had, as I often do, moved the AccessGrid folder from
/Applications into
/Users/Shared, where I prefer to keep locally installed software when
possible, to simplify
backups and management.  When I moved it back into /Applications, all
was well.  It might
be worth giving some thought to allowing the directory to be rooted in
places other than
/Applications.

On a separate note, though, when it first came up, it tested 31 bridges,
then complained that
bridges were disabled and suggested that I look in Preferences to remedy
that.  I opened
Preferences, and selected "Bridging," and indeed every bridge appears as
"Disabled."  Above
the list of bridges the popup instructs one to "Right-click a bridge
below to enable or disable it."
I have no clue what they mean by "right-click" on a Mac.  I tried
holding down the Control, Option, and Command keys while clicking
(suggested by tricks used by X Windows on the
Mac), to no avail.  How do I turn on those bridges?  :)

Cheers, Rick Rodgers