IOCom H264 Compatibility - was [AG-TECH] LSU (U.S.) AG node achieves QA Status

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 6 15:12:01 CST 2008

On 07/11/2008, at 4:15 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 13:49 -0600, John I. Quebedeaux, Jr wrote:
>> Louisiana now boasts over 20 room installations and we’re starting to
>> bridge the gap with IOCOM nodes (although something needs to be done
>> about compatibility on the h.264 video issue between AG and IOCOM....
>> As they don’t seem to be compatible – separate thread!)
>
> Welcome to the separate thread....
>
> We have an increasing number of IOCOM nodes here in Canada and are
> currently struggling with the H.264 compatibility issues. In fact, we
> have a meeting with some of the IOCOM folks next week to discuss/test,
> so anyone with comments/experiences or thoughts, please post and I'll
> try to follow up with IOCOM.

At the last retreat, I had the impression that the compatibility
issue had been sorted out. If that code has been committed to svn,
then perhaps its just a matter of cutting a new binary release?

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland