[AG-TECH] Issues with a new AG 3.1 installation.

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon May 19 22:00:51 CDT 2008

Migel

I recently conducted some CPU usage statistics whilst MPEG4 streaming (Not 4 MPEG4 streams, but 3 plus DV).

I was encoding and decoding on a Dell T3400 Core 2 Quad CPU machine running Fedora 8!

*	3 x Mpeg4 streams as Large

*	1 x DV Stream @ 36 megs a second

Core 1 - 	28%
Core 2 -	29%
Core 3 -	46%
Core 4 -	47%

Note: these values change every second, but average usage across all 4 cores is around 40%.

Output on TOP

29456 jastest   30  10  202m  19m 6004 R   38  1.0 488:18.97 vic
 3269 jastest   30  10 90240  23m 7276 S   35  1.2   3:32.75 vic
 1482 jastest   30  10 94784  31m 7312 R   33  1.5  18:18.08 vic
 1486 jastest   30  10 94664  30m 7316 S   33  1.5  17:11.20 vic
 2798 root      20   0  419m  55m  13m S   13  2.8 162:08.95 X

I hope this information is useful.

Cheers,
Jason.