[AG-TECH] Issues with a new AG 3.1 installation.

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri May 16 20:51:22 CDT 2008

Hi Miguel,

Now that I think about it, if you are capturing four 720x576 PAL video
streams, you're most likely hitting PCI bus saturation issues. The four
Pinnacle PCTV PCI capture cards would be sharing the limited PCI bus
bandwidth (as most motherboards don't have independent PCI buses for
each of the PCI slots). PCI has a peak bandwidth of 127MB/s and
depending on the fps capture rate, would leave just 8 MB/s leeway.

One workaround might be to not select 'large' on all the video streams,
or use a PCI-e x1 Bt878 quad-input capture card which are starting to
get cheaper.

I might even add some code to vic which stops the vic capture, then
sleeps for a period of time and restarts the capture if the VIDIOC_DQBUF
I/O error happens more than a 100 times in a row.

Cheers,
Doug