[AG-TECH] Accessgrid 3.1 can't unmute local video displays

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 27 11:18:35 CDT 2008

A few comments here:

- You should be running a VideoConsumerService or VideoService on the
display machine, so that incoming video streams are displayed.  The only
case in which the video streams are muted, and hence the only case in
which you would need to 'unmute' them, is when you are running
VideoProducerServices; you should not be using these vic instances for
displaying the video streams.
> We had previously run 2.4, and probably there was an old vic.exe
> lurking within.
- AG3 stores its files in different locations than AG2 did, so any
vic.exe from AG2 could not have been used when running AG3.

- What are you referring to as the "AccessGrid toolkit" application?
Does it have an associated window?  The AccessGrid software that should
be running is the Venue Client; without it, you would be left with only
the audio and video tools.

Tom