[AG-TECH] h264 problem

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 15 23:16:59 CDT 2008

Hi John,

> Had a meeting today with a number of participants, one of which was
> using insors (or whatever it's called these days) and was
> apparently transmitting h264 (as far as vic was concerned).
> vic (vic-2.8ucl1.3.1-0.4.20080409svn.fc8) baulked trying to decode
> the video and crashed.  Muting that source meant all was well bar
> being able to see their video.  Once they dropped back to h261
> all was well.
>
> Ideas as to why this happened?

Piers sent an email a couple of weeks regarding the inSORS/IOCOM H.264
incompatibility issue, see bottom of this email.

If you want to try out the beta VIC now on Fedora 8, download
vic-2.8ucl1.4.0-0.1.20080616svn.fc9.src.rpm from:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/fedora/9/SRPMS/
and issue:
  rpmbuild --rebuild vic-2.8ucl1.4.0-0.1.20080616svn.fc9.src.rpm

for any build dependencies that are missing, do a yum install.

I'll add the binary VIC RPM to the Fedora 8 yum repository later.

Cheers,
Doug