[AG-TECH] AG on the iPhone, anyone?

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 9 19:14:56 CDT 2008

On 10/06/2008, at 9:14 AM, R. P. C. Rodgers wrote:

> In anticipation of devices like the iPhone appearing, Project
> ASKLEPiOS at NLM had gotten
> vic/rat working on a wireless iPAQ PDA a number of years ago.  Had
> ASKLEPiOS not been
> shut down (prompting my departure from NLM), trying a port as much
> as possible of AG
> to the latest iPhone would certainly have been on our TODO list.
> There must be others out there
> now with this on their minds.  Anyone done a feasability analysis
> yet?  I'd love to hear from you
> if so...

Rick,

We don't have them in Australia yet, but just today I heard they'll
be officially released here on July 11th.

Its a shame you didn't make it to the Retreat (just finished, in
Vancouver) - in the developer session on the last day, Eric showed an
alternate VenueClient interface using graphics icons which I thought
would be the sort of thing needed for an iPhone.

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland