[AG-TECH] Shared Presentation Issues

Horwich, A (Adam) A.Horwich at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 03:10:53 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've been experiencing inconsistent control issues with the Shared
Presentation functionality in the Access Grid Toolkit. Typically, when
first launched, it works fine, with the remote site receiving commands
to change the slides and the slides themselves changing. However, I'm
finding that if there is any length of inactivity, no more than a few
minutes usually, then slides are no longer changing at the remote site.
Looking at the command monitoring page on the remote end shows that
slide change commands are being received but no changes are occurring.
Nobody on the remote end is interfering with PowerPoint and the local
site driving the presentation was only using the control box to
navigate. Both ends in this example were using AGTk 3.1, though we
experienced the same inconsistency with 3.0.2. Are there any networking
related scenarios which could cause this behaviour?

Regards,

Adam Horwich