[AG-TECH] AG 3.1 and overlapping windows

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:56:24 CST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 1:43 PM, John I. Quebedeaux, Jr <johnq at lsu.edu> wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I don't think it's 3.1. I think it's the video software on windows you might
> have (Matrox does it for example with it's settings if you're not careful
> and tell it to 'remember' things about where windows go/placement). In fact,
> it'll do this with any version with VIC (I think)- specially if it thinks
> the windows are the 'same' - it'll simply "stack" them up on top of each
> other (same application name?),

Well it would be hard for me to debug whether its a video software
since these systems are different from each other.

> Why is it doing it now though for you? That's the odd part. Is it on all
> your windows systems?

That's exactly what its doing, with the exception of the Venue Client,
its always in the middle bottom location. The two VIC and one RAT
window open in the same place. I've seen this happen on three Windows
XP machines. I'm setting up an XP laptop to see if I can fix this.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility