[AG-TECH] AG 3.1

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 8 14:03:39 CST 2008

On 09/01/2008, at 3:10 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I just upgraded our venue server to 3.1, however I can no longer
> connect locally or remotely with VenueManagement. I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/VenueManagement3.py", line 438, in ConnectToServer
>     vl = self.server.GetVenues()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> interfaces/VenueServer_client.py",
> line 142, in GetVenues
>     self.binding.Send(None, None, request,
> soapaction="urn:#GetVenues", **kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ZSI/client.py", line 266,
> in Send
>     self.h.connect()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/M2Crypto/httpslib.py", line
> 47, in connect
>     self.sock.connect((self.host, self.port))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/M2Crypto/SSL/Connection.py",
> line 156, in connect
>     ret = self.connect_ssl()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/M2Crypto/SSL/Connection.py",
> line 149, in connect_ssl
>     return m2.ssl_connect(self.ssl, self._timeout)
> SSLError: certificate verify failed
>
> I tried locally on the machine via VNC (which used to work) and got
> the same message. Our anonymous certificate is valid and is not
> expired.

Jeremy,

As a test, I just changed from a server certificate to a valid
unexpired anonymous certificate and had exactly the same result when
trying to connect with VenueManagement3 from the same machine. I
changed back to the server certificate and everything ran correctly
again.

Looks like the new venue server needs a proper server certificate.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland