[AG-TECH]Install AG2.x and AG3.x on a two box node?

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Jan 2 03:07:48 CST 2008

G'day John

Being able to run both AG 2 and/or 3 on a multinode setup is relatively simple.

Basically what you need to be able to do is run 2.x and 3.x AGServiceManagers at the same time.

On my Linux Install guide (http://www.accessgrid.org/node/879) , there is a section "Running AG2 and AG3 Service Managers Together (Multi-Node Configuration Only)" which can be found at http://www.accessgrid.org/node/889.

Even though you are running Windows as the display machine, this guide is directly applicable, as it shows how to enable the user to execute either Access Grid VenueClient (which in this case will be on a windows system) without requiring to shutdown one service manager and starting the other one on your Linux system.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jason.