[AG-TECH] Potential Authentication Proxy "work around" for getting Unicast Bridge Listing

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Fri Feb 22 06:48:48 CST 2008

G'day Ben

Thanks for your email.

In regards to why this work around "might" work on some authenticating
proxies, is because some proxies are set to restrict certain ports, such
as port 80 (http), and the likes, but not all ports.

Therefore, some authenticating proxies may not restrict all ports which
is why unicast bridging works.  It may also have to do with unicast
bridging possibly using udp as well.  I have seen this work for a site
or two.  Fortunately, I don't have the restrictions like some others AG
sites, therefore, I cannot be sure why it works for some sites, thought
I hope it may resolves some issues for other sites.

Of course, I would be happy to received any feedback and comments.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Cheers,
Jason.