[AG-TECH] Problems connecting to Node Management

Cortijo, David dcortijo at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 24 13:20:12 CDT 2008

Our site has an old, little used (approx. once every 3 months) Access Grid 2.1.2 installation that we are planning on upgrading in the near future.  However, we ran across a problem the other day that we're still unable to resolve, and I was hoping that someone else had insight.

Our primary AG operator renewed his Identity cert in preparation for an upcoming AG meeting only to find that it would not work.  This was due to the expired AG Developer's CA, which we then updated.  After updating, we were able to appropriately create the proxies on each machine for our node.  However, we can't seem to get the node going again.  When we go to "Preferences->Manage My Node..." there is a prompt to specify the node service URL (which is set to https://localhost:11000/NodeService, as it always has been).  After clicking OK, we receive the following message:

"Can not open node service management based on the URL you specified"
There are no log messages being generated in conjunction with this error except for a "found proxy ident" message for each attempt.

This is a new error for us, and we haven't been able to work around it.  The NodeService and ServiceManager both appear to be running properly (properly prompt for passphrase, then create the proxy...), but I can't communicate with either of them to confirm that.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I'd like to get this sorted out ASAP.

David Cortijo
Brookhaven National Laboratory