[AG-TECH] Firewire Detection Bug on FC7

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 23 06:11:56 CDT 2008

Hi Ryu,

> I have fc7 installed server, it's dell precision 490.
>
> It has a 4-head video capture card and ieee1394 card and it's installed
> agtk3.1 and UQ' advanced video tool.
>
> I have seen that the sumover vic(agtk 3.1 vic) can not find the firewire
> device but UQ's vic can find the firewire device.
>
> /dev/raw1394 file exist and it's owner is ag user account.
>
> anybody can give some tips. or need more informations to find the solution?

Jason Bell has done some doco for setting up the firewire support on
Fedora 7 & 8 here:
   http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1099

You might want to confirm that the raw1394 driver has been setup
correctly with /usr/bin/testlibraw and check that you are receiving DV
isochronous channel packets by running /usr/bin/dumpiso (both of these
commands come with the libraw1394 RPM). If you are seeing lots of
gibberish output with dumpiso, then it is working.

Cheers,
Doug