[AG-TECH] Any more H.264 news?

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 04:01:13 CDT 2008

Doug,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Douglas Kosovic
<douglask at itee.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> UQ Vislab vic doesn't have support for IIDC/DCAM firewire cameras (like
>  the iSight), just DV/HDV camcorders.

Thanks for the clarification - though I thought I'd mention that an
'iSight camera' can be
a misleading reference as Apple seem to call a bunch of their cameras
iSights - however
there are different beasts (these are the two variants I know of):
- The external [firewire] iSight is a DCAM device (i.e. uncompressed video)
- The built-in [USB] iSight on the MacBooks is a high-speed USB device
(using the the uvc driver under linux)

Piers.