[AG-TECH] Any more H.264 news?

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 21 05:32:06 CDT 2008

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi,

I have tried firewire capture on windows and get similar results -  I just get a kind of set of lines (see attached image).

I have a feeling that this is due to vic assuming that the camera source is a standard size (e.g. 352x288) when it isn' t. It looks like it is picking up an image from the camera (it changes when I move around in front of the camera) but it is only using some of that image (I think).

This was using a Sony MiniDV camera.

Andrew :)
--------------------------------------------------------- Andrew G D Rowley Senior Development Officer Research Computing Services The University of Manchester Kilburn Building, Oxford Road Manchester, M13 9PL t : +44 (0) 161 275 0685 e : Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk w : www.manchester.ac.uk/researchcomputing ---------------------------------------------------------
From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Andrew Ford Sent: 18 April 2008 21:21 To: Douglas Kosovic Cc: ag-tech Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] Any more H.264 news?