[AG-TECH] AGSchedule Support

gurcharan khanna gskpop at cis.rit.edu
Fri Sep 21 09:36:21 CDT 2007

Hi,

Right now the AGScheduler is the only centralized means of publically
scheduling and
checking for events that I am involed in. We have installed 5 new AG
nodes at RIT in the
last year and are starting to install them on faculty laptops as well (4
so far). I would like
to see the continued existence of the scheduler as I have no alternative
at the moment and don't
have the interest or expertise or resources to maintain my own. Besides,
I think a centrally
accepted one is much more beneficial to the AG community as a whole. I
encourage our
users to check the AGSchedule to see what kinds of events are being
hosted and to
possibly identify collaboration projects. I would definitely like to to
see it continue and
even enhanced, so that the community aspect of this collaboration
community is supported,
as this is ultimately the most important goal for using these technologies.

Please feel free to use these comments as support in any ways you deem
appropriate.

Sincerely,

-Gurcharan Khanna

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory,
Center for the Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Http:  people.rit.edu/gskpop