[AG-TECH] Dropping OSS device in Rat (Linux)

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Oct 31 17:47:43 CDT 2007

G'day Monika

There are a number of ways to "force" the use of an input device.

Basically there is a .RATdefaults file within your home directory that
sets the "audioInputPort".  Example:

	*audioInputPort:  Microphone

The easiest way to configure this, is to set the input device in rat and
then "quit" manually, as it will save the settings to this file.

You could then disable, then re-enable the audio using the
"Enable/disable audio" button on the Venue Client.  Hopefully the input
device should now be configured correctly...  Note, due to the way the
AG shuts down Rat, it doesn't actually save your setting, so every time
you changed venues, it would set the input device back to it's default.

I hope this clarifies the issue you are having.

Cheers,
Jason.