[AG-TECH] RE: RAT with 3.0.2 on fedora 7

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Sat Oct 20 02:00:26 CDT 2007

Hi Monika,

You might like to 'yum update kernel' as the ALSA driver in some of the 2.6.22.5 to 2.6.22.8 (or around that range) kernels didn't work correctly with some earlier model soundcards. If RAT then works, I would recommend selecting OSS within RAT as it doesn't sound robotic at the remote sites (the ALSA OSS compatiblity layer then gets used).

You could download the rat-debug-enabled RPM from:

http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/development/RPMS/

then issue (as root) :

rpm -e --nodeps rat
rpm -ivh rat-debug-enabled-4.4.00-0.1.20071009svn.fc7.i386.rpm

Then try running it from the command-line, the debugging output will indicate if it is full duplex or not and might give some hints as to what the issue is.

Cheers,
Doug