[AG-TECH] Jabber Server Install [nclassified]

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Mon Nov 26 00:10:55 CST 2007

Kivshar, Boris (Contractor) wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Thanks for a quick reply. We require to run our own jabber server within
> AG3, as we are on a stand alone network with no internet connectivity.
>
> So to answer your question, we need to configure and install the server
> not the client.

We use OpenFire for our Jabber Server (http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp)
and have been extremely happy with it.  Easy to install, configure, maintain.  However, we do _not_
tie it into our AG3 Venueserver so I can't comment on that.  You'd think if it was all protocol
compliant, it would work with any server - but, like I said, I've never tried it so can't comment.

Cheers,

Todd

--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca