[AG-TECH] Problem to get connected to the Bridges

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 09:50:27 CST 2007

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi,

I think you are missing the port the bridge actually runs on. I think this is 1992 by default, but it can be changed on the command line (-p <port> I think).

Andrew J
============================= Research Computing Services, Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK Tel: +44(0)161-275 0685 Email: Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of William Alberto Romero Ramirez Sent: 20 November 2007 18:14 To: ag-tech Subject: [AG-TECH] Problem to get connected to the Bridges

I have a problem with my AG Server installation.  Any client inside the university net can connect to the server and to the bridge. Everything works (Audio & Video). Anyhow clients outside the university net can connect to the server (I can see them in the Venue Client Lobby), they can see the bridge list, but they can not connect to the bridge.  I examined the client log (from an outside client) and I found:  'venueclient.py:1264 ERROR VenueClient.UpdateStream: Failed to connect to bridge BRIDGE_1'  The university firewall has enable the ports as follow: port 80/TCP (Web Server) port 8000/TCP (Virtual Venue Server port) port 8002/TCP (Event port) port 8004/TCP (Text port) port 8006/TCP (Data port) port 8030/TCP ports 39000 - 40000/UDP (Bridge ports) Do I have to configure something else ? Some idea or check list to verify my installation or the firewall settings? Thanks in advance for your help. William A. Romero R.