[AG-TECH] Mac buffer tweak?

gurcharan khanna gskpop at cis.rit.edu
Sat Nov 10 18:22:19 CST 2007

All,

To be precise, the only reason I have manipulated these parameters is to
be able to render
the 19.2 Mbps mpeg2 stream from Seattle (233.0.73.26) with VLC and
similar higher throughput
streams. I never had a problem with vic streams, so my experiments and
observations
reflected the need to optimize at higher bitrates.

However, I also played around with these settings at home with my
wireless connection via Airport
to roadrunner cable modem internet access, so I was interested in
optimizing both tcp and
udp. I also seem to recall something about the maxsockbuf being large
enough to
accommodate the tcp send/recv space settings, but perhaps that was
inaccurate.

Fyi,

-gurcharan

--