[AG-TECH] First use of VPCScreen Capture

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 12:12:08 CDT 2007

We are testing VPCScreen in an actual AG environment today. Everybody
seemed pleased with the screen updates, they were much better than
VNC. We came across a problem and I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

The VPC service is running on a Slack 11 box with a 1280x1024 screen,
800kbps bandwidth and 7 FPS. At random times, the screen service would
stop responding. Clicking on "Stop" in the control window, then
"Start" again brought the service back. I checked the VPCScreen logs
and they looked fine to me. I could see where he stopped and started
the service, but nothing when the service stopped responding.

We had 5 clients on different platforms, 2 Linux, 1 Mac and 2 Windows
machines from various parts  of the US and one in The Netherlands.

Has any VPCScreen Capture user seen this before?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility