[AG-TECH] [SUMMARY]: AG-Retreat tourist adventures

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Tue May 1 18:17:11 CDT 2007

G'day all

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who replied to
my initial email.  Thanks go to Craig Locatis, Randy Gottfried, Fred
Dech, Nate Scheidler, Mike Daley and others I may have missed).

I thought I would correlate all of the responses for others who may also
be attending the AG-Retreat and interested in doing some site seeing and
other tourist adventures.

Various points of interest include and comments from people include:

*         Chicago Office of Tourism
http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webportal/portalEntityHomeAction.do?e
ntityName=Tourism&entityNameEnumValue=41

*         There are two large museums within walking distance from where
you are probably staying.

o        The Art Institute of Chicago.  A amazing collection of all
types of art. Allow several hours to enjoy it all.
(http://www.artic.edu/aic/index.php)

o        Museum of Contemporary Art

*         The Shedd Aquarium is also an amazing place to visit.
(http://www.sheddaquarium.org/)

*         Millennium park downtown is just a few blocks south of the
Gleacher Center. There are often free outdoor concerts with lots of lawn
space for picnicking. There's some real funky sculptures and
architecture in the park that shouldn't be missed.

*         Chicago has lots of live music.  Places that have been
recommended include:

o        Old Town School of Folk Music

o        Hot House

o        Chicago Theater (if any musicians are playing there).

o        Beat Kitchen

o        Hideout

*         Other tourist places that many people visit include:

o        Navy Pier

o        Rush Street

o        Various Stores:

*         Apple

*         Sony

*         Nike

Thanks again to all those who have replied.

Cheers,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.

B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer

Information Technology Division

Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer

Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au

Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.