[AG-TECH] Video capture for Linux: IVC-200, -G?, -RS-R20?

Adam Taylor accessgrid at ulm.edu
Mon Mar 26 08:45:30 CDT 2007

I haven't used the IVC-200 but I haven't had any trouble with the Spectra8
on Fedora Core 5.  One oddity I did find however was that on the two cards
that we own, instead of the video being routed through the 'Composite Video'
port it was actually on the 'Television' port.  Made no difference to me but
strange none the less.

One thing I do like about the Spectra8 instead of the IVC-200, from what I
have seen, is that the IVC-200 will ONLY support 5V 32-bit PCI slots.  The
Spectra8 will fit in a 3.3V PCI-X slot and work without a problem, (running
it in a Dell PowerEdge server that only has PCI-X slots).  I don't know if
this is important to you but it was important to us when deciding.  If
anyone knows differently please speak up as all I have to go by is pictures
(no front notch on the card's connector), and what the specifications say on
their website.  This was one reason we didn't consider this card.

Anyways, my two cents.

Adam Taylor

Computing Center

University of Louisiana Monroe