[AG-TECH] Any Mac VNC Server Recommendations?

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Mon Mar 12 19:28:00 CDT 2007

OSXvnc works on Intel Macs in native mode. Suggestion: if you use it
on computers that have high end visibility/access on networks -
change the port for accessing it and disable it's feature for
announcing itself to the network locally. That will help limit
attempts to break into your VNC which, if that machine is already
logged in at the desktop, gives a person potential admin access to
your machine. I routinely make sure the screen saver uses a password
for access so just in case someone does get in, they still have
another layer to get through.

I've not seen OSXvnc broken into, but... I've seen RealVNC broken
into all the time. I don't go begging for folks to try to get in
another way... :-)

-John Q.

--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.