[AG-TECH] change number of bridges? Windows & Mac file locations

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 02:47:59 CST 2007

Hi,

I should add that I have made some changes to the AG Toolkit code (which are now in CVS, so they should appear in the next release), which should resolve this problem.  These include the caching of bridges (which means that if the bridge registry is down but the bridge is up, you can still use it), the background updating of bridge ping times (which means you don't need to wait for this to happen at start-up) and the ability to change the ordering of the bridges, rather than relying on the ping times (although there is still the option to order by ping time).

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,