[AG-TECH] editing python code to change number of bridges?

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 6 16:30:08 CST 2007

On 07/03/2007, at 7:21 AM, Jennifer Teig von Hoffman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've been running into trouble from time to time with wanting to
> select bridges that are not shown in our venue client. We believe
> that these bridges are probably not identified as "close to us" (if
> I understand the way the client works, which of course I might not!).
>
> For example, if we're meeting with University of New Mexico, and I
> want us to be on the same bridge they're connected to, we might not
> have any bridges in common available within our venue clients.
>
> Is there a quick and easy way to tell the venue client to show us
> more than the top 10 "closest" bridges?

Jennifer,

Try finding the __LoadBridges() function in the VenueClient.py file
(in Linux systems, that will be /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py). In that function is a line
saying:
	bridgeList = self.registryClient.LookupBridge(10)

Change the number 10 (the maximum number of bridges to list) to
anything else you like - I just tried it with 20 and it gave me a
list of 16 bridges.

chris

> Or is there another good way to work around this issue? I'd prefer
> not to manually connect vic and rat to the bridges, though I
> realize that's an option.
>
> - Jennifer

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland