[AG-TECH] Webcams for Linux

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Jun 28 20:20:44 CDT 2007

G'day all

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth.

 I have used a couple of older types of webcams, a dLink DSB-C300 and a
Cisco (not sure of make and model) which is a Logitech camera rebadged,
USB cameras that simply just work.  I find I have to install drivers
under windows, but they just plug in and work under Linux (Fedora) :-)

The dLink DSB-C300 produces a poor image, but the other USB produces
pretty good quality for a USB camera.

Anyway, hope you find these comments useful.

Cheers,
Jason.