[AG-TECH] Audio Reflector room

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 16 19:35:57 CDT 2007

On 16/07/2007, at 8:26 PM, Samuel Gundry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The audio reflector and the second participant of me don't appear
> when I visit the "Audio Reflector" venue (for AG 3.0.2), as per the
> instructions here: http://www.accessgrid.org/node/354
>
> Does the room work for anyone else?  Or is the room broken?

I used it successfully yesterday when testing a laptop node in the
Library and again just now from our lab node.

> I'm using this address: https://vv3.ap-accessgrid.org:8000/Venues/
> 00000103104e90bd0081004e009d00a8bbc
>
> I want to test out my sound (obviously), the bars in RAT are moving
> but I don't have any way to test the sound...

Perhaps your signal isn't reaching the reflector. When you're in that
venue, you should see the "APAG AudioReflector" entry in rat itself.
You should also see 2 entries for your own node. If you don't see all
those entries then your traffic isn't being seen (and audio
reflection can't work) - therefore check your firewalls, multicast etc.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland