[AG-TECH] Can't contact VenueServer on Fedora 7

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 6 09:41:49 CDT 2007

Hello,

I installed fedora 7 and enabled SELinux and the firewall.  Then
opened the appropriate ports 8000 8002 8004 8006.  Looking at the
config file 8004 doesn't appear to be used anymore, but I'll close
that later.  As I was unable to connect,  I checked the
VenueClient.log and found nothing written referring to my attempt to
connect.  Looking at the VenueServer log, I find nothing as well.  So
suspecting SELinux or the firewall, I set SELinux to Permissive and
turned off the firewall.  But I'm still getting connection refused.

What else should I look at?

thanks

myk