[AG-TECH] realtek audio

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 2 23:53:20 CDT 2007

Hi Paul,

> I know this is an old thread, and that the standard RAT doesn't
> recognise UAA sound cards like the on-board RealTek on our shiny new
> Acer laptops [ :-) ], but I can't recall if any of the various
> development RATs do so?
>
> This is WindowsXP using AGTK 3.0.2 as obtained from accessgrid.org

Free Phone (FPhone) from INRIA can handle sound devices which appear as
separate input and output devices. It is suppose to be compatible with RAT
since both were developed within the MERCI project. Unfortunately Fphone
doesn't appear to be maintained anymore. The latest version is 3.7b6.
FPhone's homepage is:

http://www-sop.inria.fr/rodeo/fphone/

I had to modify FPhone-3.7b6 to handle rat's RTCP Application specific
payload and update the code to support Tcl/Tk 8.4. Currently I only have a
version available for Fedora Linux:
   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/fedora/related/

I might have a Windows FPhone available next week and a corresponding AG3
AudioService. I haven't tested FPhone with a RealTek HD on WinXP, but
suspect it might work.

Cheers,
Doug