[AG-TECH] Nodes near Athens GA and Richmond VA

Joseph Stone stone004 at umn.edu
Fri Feb 16 13:25:17 CST 2007

I have a general question about inquiries such as this:

   When do people ask if the participant can set up a personal node
as an alternative to trying to find AG nodes at a site?  At some
point, it may become necessary to work with an IT person to resolve
installation or firewall issues anyway but this may be easier than
finding a node on sites.  We've had less than 10% of our participants
with nodes already and have found it easier to get them webcams,
headsets / echo-cancelling audio, ...

Usually the first personal node sparks interest at the site to build
a conference room class node.

What are your experiences?

Joe

On Feb 16, 2007, at 12:25 PM, S.D.Hodson at hull.ac.uk wrote:

> AG Lists:
>
> A plea for help.  I manage a UK based research group using Access
> Grid for
> monthly seminars.  We have invited two US speakers to a future
> seminar.  They
> are based at:
>
> University of Georgia, Athens GA
>
> College of William and Mary, nr Richmond VA
>
> My enquiries with those institutions themselves have drawn a
> blank.  So: does
> anyone know of AG nodes within a reasonable distance of each of those
> institutions which it may be possible for my participants to use.
>
> If so, I shall be grateful for your sending me contact details, and
> practical
> information (cost if applicable, etc).
>
> Many thanks, in advance,
>
> Simon.

Joseph Stone
Senior Informatics Manager
Family Medicine Community Health, Medical School, Univ. of Minnesota
Suite 220 Dinnaken
925 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414

(612) 624-3192