[AG-TECH] Bring Your Child to Work Day & Guerrilla Marketing AG

Locatis, Craig (NIH/NLM/LHC) [E] locatis at nlm.nih.gov
Wed Feb 14 12:21:32 CST 2007

April 26th is Bring Your Child to Work Day and preparations are already
underway here at NIH.  I'm posting this message asking people who plan
to demonstrate their AG nodes that day to contact me so we can attempt
to determine a venue we can use and a schedule of when various sites
plan to be online.

If you're not planning to demonstrate your node that day, you may want
to consider doing so to give it greater visibility.  Every child
visiting our node is accompanied by a parent who is also exposed to its
capabilities.  Granted, this approach hasn't had the impact that the
guerrilla marketing of Aqua Teen Hunger Force had on Boston, but we did
subsequently talk to several parents about how collaboration technology
could be used in their work.

We really appreciate all the help we have had from the AG community in
doing these demos the last 2 years.  The demonstration's success depends
on people being at one or more distant end points, especially other kids
on the grid to interact with.

If you are interested, now may be the time to contact the office at your
institution that plans this event so you can be added to the list of
activities that they publish.  NIH just issued its call for
participation today.  Please also email me at locatis at nlm.nih.gov so we
can work out the details of connecting our sites.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Locatis, PhD

Office of High Performance Computing & Communications

National Library of Medicine

Bethesda, MD  20894

301.435.3254 v 301.402.4080 f

locatis at nlm.nih.gov