[AG-TECH] AG hardware improvements and HD content sharing

gskpop gskpop at cis.rit.edu
Sun Feb 11 17:33:16 CST 2007

Christoph Willing wrote:
> Compressed HDV directly from cameras has a latency of about half a
> second. That is acceptable for non-interactive sessions (and perhaps
> _some_ interactive sessions).
Chris, is this true of all HDV cameras? I thought it was higher. Is it
true for the Sony HC-7 that sells for about $1400?  I was
trying one out but got different latencies--probably depends on the
application involved. I was using it with ExtendedVideoService  module
that Sang Woo Han/GIST is working on for the WindowsXP platforn.
> We have recently developed a new version of vic with DV and HDV
> capture & display capability. The Linux version is working well and
> the Windows port is just about to begin.
Can I get hold of the linux version to start playing with it? I am
installing some public "portals" on campus that will
be always on, persistent video/audio for "one on one" ad hoc
communication and want to use the best quality video I can. I may have
to start with DVTS but pending funding I'd like to move to HDV and
eventually to uncompressed HD.

Thanks,

-gurcharan