[AG-TECH] AG hardware improvements and HD content sharing

Natalia Costas natalia at cesga.es
Sat Feb 10 06:14:54 CST 2007

Hi,

We are collecting information regarding hardware improvements for new
rooms. I gathered some advices from our experience, like:

- Include a small UPS
- Include a better graphis cards
- Maybe reduce from 4 huge servers.. only 2 (audio+video+control and
display on a different computer)
- Provide a touch screen device for lecturers.. (not sure how do that
for collaborating groups)... that might be a tabletPC or a mimio device.
- Maybe TFT/Plasma screens for smaller rooms
- Maybe  mobile equipment for particular rooms
- ...

I would like to know things you missed in your initial (or default AG)
desings or you installed and think they provided improved usability or
features that are interesting, or maybe improved now obsolete AG
features. Or new technologies that might be of interest.

On the other side, I am interested about how to share high definition
contents with other rooms, maybe some of you already have that kind of
set up and could guide us. We are involved on an AG design for medical
meetings and we are working with them on their needs and how to provide
solutions to them.

Thanx a lot again,
Kind regards,

Natalia Costas Lago
Técnico de Comunicaciones - Dpto. de Comunicaciones

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

E-mail: natalia at cesga.es
Tel: 	+34  981 56 98 10 (ext. 237)