[AG-TECH] TFT Display

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 05:07:08 CST 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Natalia Costas wrote:

> Any other cons?. Has anyone experienced AG with TFTs? How far can be the
> screens from the participants? Is it suitable only for meetings with only a
> few attendants? (what about classes with around 15-20 pupils?)

Resolution in itself can cause problems if you don't use tools that can do
arbitrary scaling of the video.  I've run AG2 on an IBM T220 display
(3840x2400 and about 22") with VIC, and it's far from ideal.  I tried VP years
ago and that's a nice solution, but it wasn't stable enough on our setup.  I
don't know if other solutions have appeared in the meantime.

jh

--
"No one can be as calculatedly rude as the British, which amazes Americans,
  who do not understand studied insult and can only offer abuse as a