[AG-TECH] Video Producer Service fails to start

Mike Weaver weaver at ascr.doe.gov
Fri Feb 2 12:39:45 CST 2007

Hi all,

I finally had time to start looking at this again.  This problem is in
reference to AG 3.0.2 on Fedora Core 6.  The actual error (detailed below)
is

VideoProducerService.py", line 279, in Start
    if self.streamDescription.encryptionFlag != 0:
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'encryptionFlag'

Python seems to be misinterpreting the data type of the streamDescription
object.  Hacks to comment out this check, or surround it with a 'hasattr'
check only cause failures further in the code.

The really annoying thing about this, is that the AudioService.py module
(different machine) has almost identical code and runs fine.  The audio &
video machines use the same motherboard, BIOS, chipsets, etc...  Both are
fresh installs of Fedora Core 6, fully patched with the latest AG3 & 2.4
compatibility RPMs from the UQ repository.  All python packages are
identical, same packages, same versions.

I'm no python guru, but I have a (outdated) software development background
and I just can't understand how this can be.  Same platform, same OS, same
libraries, same versions, same code - different results.

Anyone out there have any ideas?  I'm willing to try other Linux distros,
but we run RHEL on our production servers so I'd like to stay with Fedora
for constancy's sake.

I've attached both the AudioService.log & VideoProducerService.log files for
review & comparison.

Thanks,

Mike