[AG-TECH] Codec Options and Capture device

Douglas Baggett dbaggett at nsf.gov
Fri Dec 14 10:34:36 CST 2007

I noticed that depending on if you choose WDM Image capture vs the
Webcam capture device, different codecs are available in VIC (the beta
AG release..so I guess it's the Summover VIC). Specifically the WDM
Image capture allows JPEG and some others that don't show up if the
webcam capture device (in my case Quickcam Pro 4000 or 5000) is
selected.

Does anybody know why this is the case?

JPEG is nice and smooth (actually better than H.261)...even if it does
suck an incredible amount of bandwidth!

-Doug B
OCI/NSF