[AG-TECH] Open Meeting: Multicast Networking Overview, 8/13/2007

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Sat Aug 4 22:36:05 CDT 2007

On 04/08/2007, at 6:33 AM, Thomas D. Uram wrote:

> Monday, August 13, 2007
> 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT
> Argonne National Laboratory venue
> https://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/meetingdetails.asp?MID=20312

This is a session we'd really like to attend (as well as general
interest in multicast for AG, we currently have an active project
integrating DV/HDV into vic). However the planned meeting time
equates to 1 - 2.30_AM_ in the Asia Pacific Region.

Could we have permission to record this session for later replay please?

chris

> Multicast Networking Overview
> Mike O'Connor, ESNet
> Laurence (Laurie) Kirchmeier, Internet2
>
> Mike and Laurie will give an overview of multicast networking, in
> general and in the context of ESnet and Internet2.  The
> presentation session will cover the basics of multicast networking,
> router configuration, and debugging.
>
> This presentation is a great opportunity for network administrators
> to learn more about multicast and to have their questions answered
> by seasoned experts.  Some knowledge of networking will be assumed,
> but not much more than the typical Access Grid community member has
> attained.
>
> This meeting is open to anyone who wishes to attend:  all
> experience levels, U.S. and non-U.S., etc.  Please do plan to
> attend and encourage your network administrators to attend.
>

> Bios:
>
> Mike O'Connor is a network engineer with the US DOE, Energy
> Sciences Network who specializes in multicast technologies, network
> monitoring and SLA management.
>
> Laurence Kirchmeier liases with Internet2 members and collaborating
> institutions with high-performance networking applications,
> particularly high definition video.

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland