[AG-TECH] Fedora 3/Cent OS 4.5

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Aug 3 20:57:16 CDT 2007

Hi Todd,

> I have a user wondering about using CentOS 4.5 (Fedora 3 equivalent I believe) with AG3.1beta.
>
> Is this going to be a supported OS or should I tell the user they are out of luck??

As FC3 and Centos4 don't come with OpenSSL 0.9.8, I won't be releasing
an AccessGrid-3.1 RPM for FC3, so tell them they are out of luck.

AGTk 3.1 requires some optional features of M2Crypto which gets enabled
if M2Crypto is built against OpenSSL 0.9.8 or newer.

Apart from M2Crypto, I have update all the other RPM AGTk 3.1
dependencies of the FC3 AG yum repository. One consequence was that I
had to rebuild the AccessGrid 3.0.2 RPM against the newer version of
ZSI.

Cheers,
Doug