[AG-TECH] AG 2.4, 3.0.2 and Slackware current

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 25 14:31:25 CDT 2007

On 26/04/2007, at 12:36 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I noticed that Slackware -current has Python 2.5 as the default
> python. Does anybody know if the 2.4 and 3.0.2 packages will work on
> this machine?

Jeremy,

The existing packages won't run with python2.5. New packages will be
needed.

> Also, is it possible to run both versions on the same machine? I tried
> to run them both under 11.0, but 3.0.2 would never start, even after
> recompiling 3.0.2 from sources.

They can both be installed at the same time, but not run at the same
time. If 3.0.2. just won't run at all, try starting it from the
command line with:
	VenueClient3.py -d
which will generate a lot of debug output which may give a clue about
the problem. You could also send me a copy of that machine's
~/.AccessGrid3/Logs/VenueClient.log to try to figure out why.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland