[AG-TECH] onboard HD audio with AG 3.0 and MS Vista - Receive Pythonw.exe error

Dan Copher dcopher at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 12 08:49:31 CDT 2007

We are in the process in putting together a demo room featuring HD
Video and Intel HD Audio (7.1 surround THX). I have the PC with the
necessary Intel "audio" chip set and video card (1080p resolution)
and the speaker system (just waiting for the speaker stands now).
But the issue we've run into is that the demo is also suppose to
feature MS Vista and the AG 3.0 Video conference software and
although AG 3.0 installs fine we're getting a pythonw.exe error when
trying to enter a venue - "pythonw.exe has stopped working - A
problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is available". So far
Windows has not notified notified us of any solution =-O ... but
hopefully someone else among the AG community might ... anyone found
a solution for this problem yet ? Apparently were not the first to
have this problem with Vista:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2007/02/msg00088.html

I also experienced a problem with Bonjour - "the OS won't run the
Bonjour service due to permissions" ..but was able to resolve this by
installing a newer version on Bonjour.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated -- thanks -- Dan Copher