[AG-TECH] Problem with Slackware AG 3.0.2 toolkit

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Thu Sep 21 07:38:03 CDT 2006

On 21/09/2006, at 12:22 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I just installed the AG 3.0.2 on a 10.2 system and I have a wxPython
> error message when starting VenueClient3.py:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient3.py", line 22, in ?
>    from wxPython.wx import wxPySimpleApp, wxTaskBarIcon, wxICON_ERROR
> ImportError: cannot import name wxTaskBarIcon
>
> All of the prerequisite packages were install by the install script.
> What could be causing this error?

Jeremy,

I've just rebuilt the release on a "pure" 10.2 system. The original
machine was not quite standard, which may have caused some problems.
Please try the new release AG3-install-3.0.2-i686-3 from http://
www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/slackware/

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCiF/QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland