[AG-TECH] about the VenueClientController in AG2

lgq liugq at vrlab.buaa.edu.cn
Mon Sep 18 03:43:03 CDT 2006

Hi,
In AG2,the AccessGrid.VenueClientController class contains two methods:

(1)AddDataCB
(2)AddPersonalDataCB

'AddDataCB' invokes the method 'UploadVenueFiles' which creates a thread
to be responsible for transferring files. But in the thread's method:
'get_ident_and_upload', I can't find the codes for updating the
VenueClientUI.

'AddPersonalDataCB' invokes the method 'UploadPersonalFiles'. This
method contains following lines:

"""
           # Send an event alerting about new data (only if it is new)
           #if newData:
            dataDescription =
self.__venueClient.dataStore.GetDescription(name)
            self.__venueClient.SendEvent(Events.AddDataEvent
(self.__venueClient.GetEventChannelId(),

dataDescription))

"""

In my opinion,these lines are used to update the VenueClientUI.

How to update the VenueClientUI in the first method 'AddDataCB'?
How about the differences between these two methods?