[AG-TECH] Release of media tools from SUMOVER project

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 14:35:21 CDT 2006

We would like to announce the availability of the latest release of the
the UCL Media tools - VIC and RAT (including the UCL Common library). It
is somewhat later than we anticipated but we have added a number of new
features and fixed quite a few bugs behind the scenes. Also we have new
code contributed from external developers in these releases.

* RAT-4.3.00: New User Interface - with 'on-the-fly' changing of
address/port, Security 'padlock' indicator Icon, Various stability
enhancements
* VIC-v2.8ucl1.2.0: Logo sending facility, Support for Source-Specific
Multicast (ssm) adresses, New H261as codec (thanks to Rhys Hawkins)

For details see:
https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mbone/mmedia/
<https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mbone/mmedia/>

We welcome feedback. Please provide feedback by joining the sumover-tech
list:
or sending email direct to us. Also comments may be added to the wish
wiki list pages of the tools.

We are now working to bring our version fully in-line with the AG
releases, plus including newer features - this will happen in our next
release.

Thanks,

Piers O'Hanlon
Socrates Varakliotis