[AG-TECH] Connecting machines for multibox node?

Richard Lindstrom rilindst at cdrewu.edu
Fri Sep 8 17:41:14 CDT 2006

Please forgive me if this is incredibly obvious.

I got a one-box node running on a WinXP machine, and now want to put together a multibox node with linux (FC5) boxes for Audio and video capture. I've got AG running on the audio linux box, and the XP box can see it, and can add it as a service manager to the node service, but can't add the actual audio ("failed to add service" or some such). Alternatively, running node management on the linux box, I can open the XP node, add the audio box as a service manager, and add audio service, but then cannot save the settings.

My best guess is that it's a permissions issue- the machines can see and read each other, but can't make changes to the other (e.g. launch a service on Linux box from XP box, or save node config file on XP box from linux box). Anyone else run into this? Suggestions for how to fix it?

Richard W. Lindstrom, MA
Director of Academic Computing
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
1731 E. 120th St.
Los Angeles, CA  90059
Tel: (323) 563-5832
Fax: (323) 357-3650
rilindst at cdrewu.edu

"I give the devil benefit of law for my own safety's sake"