[AG-TECH] AG3 ftp

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 26 08:28:55 CDT 2006

Hi Javi:

Here are details regarding the use of FTP in AG3:

- passive mode is used
- by default, the port range for incoming data transfer connections is
50000-50020
(this is configurable in VenueServer.cfg with the dataPortRangeStart and
dataPortRangeEnd options)
- in passive mode, the ftp protocol specifies that the server tells the
client which port to connect to
- SSL is used for both control and data connections

If you have other questions on this, let me know.

Tom